Bay High School’s Key Club hosted its inaugural pizza bakeoff Feb. 4 at the high school. Six local pizza shops (Buca Di Beppo, Domino’s, Gina’s, Jet’s, Marco’s and Whole Foods) provided the food. They competed for three awards: Best Specialty (Jet’s), Best Pepperoni (Buca Di Beppo) and People’s Choice (Gina’s).
Key Club adviser Anita Bauknecht said the event raised about $1,300. All proceeds go back to the 145-member Key Club.
Key Club members had to bring a homemade dessert that could serve 12 and work the dessert table to receive one service hour. About 60 members volunteered for the event, which drew about 200 people, Bauknecht said.
- Suspect in store purse snatchings arrested again after release
- Republic Services suspends bulk, yard waste pickup in many communities
- Businesses’ food giveaway a recipe for success
- City Council alters meeting schedule
- Sheffield Village VA clinic moves to virtual or phone appointments
- St. Edward duo receive state honors
- Pandemic to keep Earth Day celebrations close to home
- Senior-living facility surrounded by love