Bay High School’s Key Club hosted its inaugural pizza bakeoff Feb. 4 at the high school. Six local pizza shops (Buca Di Beppo, Domino’s, Gina’s, Jet’s, Marco’s and Whole Foods) provided the food. They competed for three awards: Best Specialty (Jet’s), Best Pepperoni (Buca Di Beppo) and People’s Choice (Gina’s).
Key Club adviser Anita Bauknecht said the event raised about $1,300. All proceeds go back to the 145-member Key Club.
Key Club members had to bring a homemade dessert that could serve 12 and work the dessert table to receive one service hour. About 60 members volunteered for the event, which drew about 200 people, Bauknecht said.
- Be alert for COVID-19 scams, agencies warn
- It’s official (again): Avon Lake lawyer loses in primary for commissioner
- Walking path, pocket park planned to support health, fitness
- A list of what you CAN do (no cancellations in sight!)
- Avon Lake: Story Book Trail
- Bay Village man hosts food drive for those in need
- Avon restaurants and bars: Outdoor seating
- Project Fresh Start showers homeless with help