Bay High School’s Key Club hosted its inaugural pizza bakeoff Feb. 4 at the high school. Six local pizza shops (Buca Di Beppo, Domino’s, Gina’s, Jet’s, Marco’s and Whole Foods) provided the food. They competed for three awards: Best Specialty (Jet’s), Best Pepperoni (Buca Di Beppo) and People’s Choice (Gina’s).
Key Club adviser Anita Bauknecht said the event raised about $1,300. All proceeds go back to the 145-member Key Club.
Key Club members had to bring a homemade dessert that could serve 12 and work the dessert table to receive one service hour. About 60 members volunteered for the event, which drew about 200 people, Bauknecht said.
- Shoremen lock in, top Rangers in sectional semi
- Avon Lake weathers Olmsted Falls comeback attempt
- Magnificat reaches semifinal by topping Lakewood
- Avon stifled by Amherst's defense in sectional final
- Wrestlers grapple for SWC crown
- In the gym and the classroom, Jim Strang is an Avon legend
- Dominant defense sends Streaks to district championship
- Demons out-duel Rangers, advance to district final