The Fairview Park Senior Center hadn’t hosted an in-person event since an outdoor concert at Bain Park in late September. That changed on Friday, when the facility hosted the first “Party in the Parking Lot.” a concert held in front of the building at 20769 Lorain Road. Acoustic folk-style musician Jeff Varga, who also played the Sept. 24 concert, was back to play for the crowd of over 75 seniors, who signed up with the senior center in advance starting in March. Boxed lunches were provided by O’Neill Healthcare at a cost of $5, which participants had to register for in advance. The senior center, which will remain closed until Cuyahoga County’s COVID-19 alert level drops from Level 3 to Level 2, is looking into hosting additional outdoor events, such as beach blanket bingo, as the weather becomes more favorable.
- Pandemic past time opens new doors for local artist
- Future of city road projects depends on costs
- City Senior Center may reopen in phases
- Assistant superintendent officially named Laub’s successor
- Trees honor former Councilman Izo and tree commissionioner Beck
- Mayor to seek re-election
- Recent tree grants make for Arbor Day highlights