An 11-10 overtime loss to Strongsville at home on March 30 may have been a turning point for the Avon boys lacrosse team. Since that date, the Eagles (5-2, 2-2 Northern Ohio Lacrosse League) have been a force offensively, beating their last three opponents, Kenston, Orange and Padua, by a combined score of 51-9. On April 10, they took a 15-2 lead on visiting Padua at halftime before finishing off a 22-3 victory. The night before, they hosted Orange and won 21-1. On Thursday, they’ll travel to Wadsworth for a 7 p.m. start, then return home on Saturday to face Boardman at 4 p.m.
- Pandemic past time opens new doors for local artist
- Future of city road projects depends on costs
- City Senior Center may reopen in phases
- Assistant superintendent officially named Laub’s successor
- Trees honor former Councilman Izo and tree commissionioner Beck
- Mayor to seek re-election
- Recent tree grants make for Arbor Day highlights